As I wrote in my opening post, I'm starting this blog because my oldest daughter started to ask me questions about my childhood. Specifically, she's been asking about what my life was like in Kindergarden.
Kindergarden was good. I wish I could go back! Mrs. Zardus was a great teacher - at least, I remember her that way.
I remember being proud of learning how to spell "red". I remember having an awful time learning how to tie my shoes and having to practice on the big boot she kept at the front of the classroom.
I remember one exercise where we had to colour in a clown and balls (each section of the picture was to be coloured a certain colour - the right arm might have had the word "red" on it, the left arm the word "blue", the hat "orange", etc.) I remember almost everyone (including me!) did not follow directions and she was cross and we all had to do it over. I don't know why I remember that, but I do.
I remember Lisa (Devlin?) and I racing to get to the two paperdolls before Gayle and the other Lisa got to them. ;) I don't remember playing with the giant tinkertoys - but I can picture a couple of the kids on them. Tommy Konarski (?) I think was one of them.
I remember dressing up for the Mother's Day tea. I remember lining up outside to get into class. I remember going into Mrs. Butler's class sometimes to use the balance beam. I loved the balance beam but we didn't have one in our class.
I remember you, Mrs. Zardus. Thank you for giving me a great start to my school years.
Kindergarden was good. I wish I could go back! Mrs. Zardus was a great teacher - at least, I remember her that way.
I remember being proud of learning how to spell "red". I remember having an awful time learning how to tie my shoes and having to practice on the big boot she kept at the front of the classroom.
I remember one exercise where we had to colour in a clown and balls (each section of the picture was to be coloured a certain colour - the right arm might have had the word "red" on it, the left arm the word "blue", the hat "orange", etc.) I remember almost everyone (including me!) did not follow directions and she was cross and we all had to do it over. I don't know why I remember that, but I do.
I remember Lisa (Devlin?) and I racing to get to the two paperdolls before Gayle and the other Lisa got to them. ;) I don't remember playing with the giant tinkertoys - but I can picture a couple of the kids on them. Tommy Konarski (?) I think was one of them.
I remember dressing up for the Mother's Day tea. I remember lining up outside to get into class. I remember going into Mrs. Butler's class sometimes to use the balance beam. I loved the balance beam but we didn't have one in our class.
I remember you, Mrs. Zardus. Thank you for giving me a great start to my school years.
No comments:
Post a Comment