Well, the logical place to move on from Kindergarden is... first grade.
I can picture the classroom and remember some of the friends that were in my class (Cheryl, Patty, the Pulters, Gayle...). Cheryl and I recently reminisced about the time Patty stapled her fingers!
I remember getting in trouble once. One of the very few times in my whole elementary career! ;) Mrs. Cretu was reading Charlotte's Web. Two other girls were whispering and distracting me and I remember shushing them. (I think one was Stephanie). Anyhow, all three of us wound up being sent into the hall to sit down (and miss the rest of the chapter). I sat outside the door and eavesdropped.
I remember spelling tests. Animal was a horrible word for me to learn to spell. I don't remember now how I wanted to spell it, but I think I got that one wrong repeatedly. I remember bringing in this little knight figure that my Uncle Bill gave me for show and tell and how my mom told me to be extra careful with it.
I think I remember us growing some sort of plant. I can sort of picture seeds in little pots on the window sill. That could be a mixed up memory from another class, though.
I think there were four of us in a reading group - Julie Waterloo?, Kevin Goodes ?, someone and I. I think the school started segregating us into reading levels in first grade.
Thank you for being a great teacher, Mrs. Cretu!
I can picture the classroom and remember some of the friends that were in my class (Cheryl, Patty, the Pulters, Gayle...). Cheryl and I recently reminisced about the time Patty stapled her fingers!
I remember getting in trouble once. One of the very few times in my whole elementary career! ;) Mrs. Cretu was reading Charlotte's Web. Two other girls were whispering and distracting me and I remember shushing them. (I think one was Stephanie). Anyhow, all three of us wound up being sent into the hall to sit down (and miss the rest of the chapter). I sat outside the door and eavesdropped.
I remember spelling tests. Animal was a horrible word for me to learn to spell. I don't remember now how I wanted to spell it, but I think I got that one wrong repeatedly. I remember bringing in this little knight figure that my Uncle Bill gave me for show and tell and how my mom told me to be extra careful with it.
I think I remember us growing some sort of plant. I can sort of picture seeds in little pots on the window sill. That could be a mixed up memory from another class, though.
I think there were four of us in a reading group - Julie Waterloo?, Kevin Goodes ?, someone and I. I think the school started segregating us into reading levels in first grade.
Thank you for being a great teacher, Mrs. Cretu!
No comments:
Post a Comment